- Click the Start button and select either Control Panel, orSettings and then Control Panel.
- Double-click Accessibility Options.
- Select the Keyboard tab if it isn’t already selected.
- Check Use Sticky Keys. Then, next to this checkbox,click Settings.
- Click OK twice.
Through Windows 10 Settings app
Launch Windows 10 settings app. Then click on Ease of Access.
Scroll down and select the Keyboard from the left pane.
Turn the toggle switch to the right to enable the sticky keys as highlighted below.
You can also check the box before Allow the shortcut key to start the Sticky Keys option. This allows you to use a shortcut key to enable the sticky keys. That means you can enable the sticky keys by pressing the Shift key five times.
what does Sticky Keys actually do?
Sticky Keys is a Microsoft Windows accessibilityfeature that causes modifier keys to remain active, evenafter they have been pressed and released, making it easier todo keyboard shortcuts.
Also, how do I use sticky keys in Windows 10? To turn it on and off, you can adopt the followingmethods.
- Video guide on how to turn on and off Sticky Keys in Windows10:
- Way 1: Use the Shift key.
- Step 1: Continuously press the Shift key 5 times.
- Step 2: Select Yes in the confirmation dialog.
- Way 2: Make it in Ease of Access keyboard settings.
Consequently, should sticky keys be on or off?
To turn off Sticky Keys, press the shiftkey five times or uncheck the Turn On Sticky Keys boxin the Ease of Access control panel.
What causes sticky keys on a computer?
Sticky keys can happen because of dirt and debris inthe keyboard, but they can also be a result of spilleddrinks or other stickiness.
Method 3 Cleaning Sticky Keys
- Wipe up any spills as they happen.
- Clean the keys with alcohol if the drink dries.
- Rub the tops of the keys.