Prime the Concrete Concrete primer, called block primer, fills pores and evens out the surface. For exterior foundations and walls, use exterior-grade block filler, such as Behr’s Concrete and Masonry Bonding Primer, which also is good for interior concrete ($17.98 per gallon).
Similarly, how do you paint a concrete foundation?
How to Paint Concrete Foundations
- Remove old paint. If you’re repainting concrete, it’s probably because the old paint is chipping or peeling away.
- Clean the surface. Because of its porosity, dirt, grease, and other grime gets trapped in concrete over time.
- Make repairs.
- Seal and prime.
- Paint the concrete.
Beside above, what is the best concrete paint? View the Best Concrete Paint, Below.
- KILZ Over Armor Textured Concrete Paint.
- Coloredepoxies 10002 Epoxy Resin Coating Paint.
- Eco Advance EACON16CON Waterproofer.
- RUST-OLEUM 225359 Concrete Floor Paint.
- KILZ L377711 Exterior Concrete Paint.
- Drylok GAL BGE Paint.
- KILZ L378601 Decorative Concrete Paint.
In this way, can regular paint be used on concrete?
Ordinary latex paint is well-suited for interior concrete walls. Use an eggshell or satin latex paint on concrete walls that aren’t exposed to much duress. If you plan to paint exterior concrete walls and fences, use an exterior acrylic paint that will hold up to ultraviolet light and harsh weather conditions.
How do you get paint to stick to concrete?
Apply 1 layer of concrete paint primer with a paint roller. Before adding your color, you need to use primer to ensure that the paint will stick. Apply a primer to the concrete to ensure strong adhesion of the paint. Again, follow the manufacturer’s instructions to confirm the necessary application and drying time.