10 Types of Figurative Language
- Implied metaphor.
Then, what are the 10 figurative language?
Definition study for our top 10 figurative language devices (simile, metaphor, personification, imagery, hyperbole, allusion, oxymoron, paradox, irony, symbol)
Beside above, what are the 6 types of figurative language? 6 Types of Figurative Language
- #1 Simile.
- #2 Metaphor.
- #3 Synecdoche.
- #4 Hyperbole.
- #5 Personification.
Correspondingly, what are the 8 types of figurative language?
8 types of figurative language
- simile. a figure of speech in which two unlike things are explicitly compared, as in “she is like a rose.” Compare metaphor .
What are the 12 types of figurative language?
Terms in this set (12)
- Simile. Comparison using like or as.
- Metaphor. A figure of speech that is applied to a word not literally.
- Personification. Giving an object or animal human properties.
- Onomatopoeia. Words that make a connection with there sound because of the name.