Insert a link to a file
- Click inside the cell of the spreadsheet where you want to insert the object.
- On the Insert tab, in the Text group, click Object.
- Click the Create from File tab.
- Click Browse, and then select the file you want to link.
- Select the Link to file check box, and click OK.
Also to know is, what is embedded object in Excel?
Introduction to Embedded in Excel. Object Linking and Embedding (OLE) is a process or technique used to insert data from one Programme into another. OLE is used to create content that is created in one program available in another program.
Beside above, what is the difference between object linking and embedding? You can add objects such as a file, an image or an audio file to a Word document, an Excel spreadsheet, an HTML document by linking or embedding. The main difference between linking and embedding is where the data are stored and how they are updated after they where linked or embedded.
One may also ask, how do I rename an embedded object in Excel?
Modify The Name Of The Previously Inserted Embedded File
- Right-click on the embedded file which you inserted in your document.
- From there select the option “Microsoft Document Object”.
- From there select ‘Convert’.
- Now click on ‘Change icon’.
- Select the icon and change the caption name there.
How do you link an embedded object in Word?
To link or embed an object that’s already been created:
- In the Object dialog box, select the Create from File tab, and then click Browse to find the file you want to insert.
- To link to the source file, rather than embedding it into your Word document or email message, select Link to file.