JIRA does keep the full history, so you do have older versions available, but there is no versioning control as such, only the date of the change and who modified the fields.
Likewise, people ask, what is Jira fix version?
Although it can be useful for tracking problems, it isn’t used very often in Jira. Fix version is the version where you plan on releasing a feature or bugfix to customers. This field is used for release planning, monitoring progress and velocity, and is used widely in reporting.
Likewise, how do I enable fix version in Jira? Versions
- Click on Projects -> Choose the appropriate project.
- At the Project Summary Page -> Click on the Administration tab.
- On the left pane , click on Versions.
- Fill in the Name of the versions and Description then click on the Add button.
- Repeat Step 4 until you are done adding all the versions.
Similarly one may ask, what is the difference between source control and version control?
Source Control vs. These two terms are used interchangeably. However, source control is specific to source code. Version control also covers large binary files and digital assets.
How do I bulk update in Jira?
Choose the Jira icon ( or ) > Filters. Select Search issues. Click more (•••) at the extreme top-right of the page and choose Bulk Change all <n> issues. Select the issues you’d like to perform the bulk operation on, and click Next.